Maybe it’s because it’s within our domain of work or because similar personalities attract similar personalities, but it seems that today, there are a LOT of web developers out there.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in web development is projected to grow 13 percent until 2028. That’s quite a fast increase. And even though everyone has their own personal style, there are some pretty strong trends out there, here are 5 of the most popular:
- Dark Mode: what sounds like something out of a sci-fi movie is actually nothing too scary. We spend so many hours staring at one screen or the other, we need something to stand out. The pop of the contrasting colors on a dark background do just that. So while the dark can be gloomy and moody, the text and bright contrast are the fun and games.
- Being not so perfect: in this day and age, with all of our editing programs, with digital photography, with illustration software, it’s so easy to spend hours fiddling with something until we think it’s perfect. But, then again, that’s not really a human trait is it? We all mess up at some point. Having imperfections on a site makes us more approachable, bringing us away from the digital distance we’ve created and closer to interaction.
- Icons instead of words: because we all are kids at heart right? No more words needed.
- Big letters: again, going back to staring at screens, we need something to stick out (and maybe some of us need glasses) but big lettering is definitely on the hit list in 2020.
- Minimalism: sounds like a contradiction to the rest, but that’s the challenge of a web developer today. use all the high-tech, 3D, whatever there is available, and still create a clean and simple website.
So, even when there are so many professionals to choose from, take your time to evaluate services, people, companies, style and what you want. We will be here!